11/28/11

Down Home Cooking with Jewelsy & Friends!

Linda's Pumpkin Crunch
Your Guests Will Request This Dessert Time & Time Again!
It's An All Time Favorite!
Serves: 8-10
Prep Time 8 Min.
Cook Time 50-60 Min
Difficulty-Easy
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

1 Large Can Pumpkin
1 Large Can Evaporated Milk
1 Cup Sugar
3 Eggs
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts (optional, but awesome!)
1 Stick Butter (Real) Melted
5 tsp Pumpkin Spice

Mix pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs and spices.
Pour mixture into a 13x9 in. greased pan.
Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mix.
Sprinkle nuts (if desired) over cake mix.
Spoon butter evenly over cake mix and nuts
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Cool completely.

Frosting
Mix Together
1 8oz package philadelphia cream cheese.
1 8oz container of cool whip.
1/2 Cup powdered sugar.

To Serve: Scoop out a slice of the pumpkin crunch and top with a dollop of the cream cheese frosting, or frost the entire pumpkin crunch with the frosting.
Enjoy!

12 comments:

Helena, Craft and Creativity said...

Yummy, that looks great! Thanks for sharing! :) Found your blog through Tip Junkie.

Jamie said...

Mmmm!! This sounds delicious. I love anything with pumpkin in it. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.

KIM said...

This sounds delicious! I will have to try it out. I'm a new follower (KIMBERLEYMEIER) of both your blogs and wanted to say thanks for following me!

Kimberley Meier
Mom of 3 = CHAOS

Jen said...

Love the new site. Stopping over from the TAFBH. Following both of your blogs.

Be sure to check out both of mine and follow back.

~ http://gricefullyhomeschooling.com/

~ http://leadmeloveme.blogspot.com/

Thanks! Many blessings!

This Girl Is...from said...

Looks like a great recipe...following from bloggy moms.

Happy Holiday!

Christine
www.thisgirlisgone.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

Sounds delicious!! Thanks for the great recipe!

momto8 said...

I am going to try this this weekend! sounds so easy and yummmy!

Kim Croisant said...

Hey following you now. Thanks for the follow!!!. LOve your new blog. I'm already following your other one.

Mommie...Again

Frugal in WV said...

Yum, I love anything with pumpkin, looks like a great recipe! New follower from MBC, have a great weekend! You can find me at
http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/
Stop by when you get the chance :)

Captain Cooks said...

Mmmmm, that sounds great. I'll have to try. Following you now from MBC. Come for a visit when u get a chance.
www.captaincooksblog.com

Renee Sullivan said...

I'm looking forward to trying this recipe this weekend. Sounds yummy!

I LOVE pumpkin!
Renee

Yummy Mummy said...

Hello! I just saw your message on bloggy moms about your GFC. Sorry about that! I'm your newest followers and am happy to be here - your blog is darling!
Please come follow me back at http://www.yummymummykitchen.com

I'm hoping to get to 700 by the end of the weekend. I'm at 699! Help!