Do you dread Mondays?
For some of us Monday mornings can bring with it a certain amount of dread. It's true. Let's face it, feelings of happiness don't always come easy, especially for those who struggle in that area. It's no secret that life can be difficult, and at times a little depressing. However, we can rise above it if we focus on the positive rather than the negative.
Here are some tips on how to avoid feeling overwhelmed on Monday morning, and carry on through the week feeling positive, happy, organized and encouraged.
Start on Monday with a positive attitude and a plan of attack. Then follow your plan each day, and don't forget to keep your focus on the good aspects of your life. There are some key things we can do to help our daily moods and even make us feel happy in our current circumstances. . Don’t speak negative things because it will affect your mood.
Following a simple daily routine and having intimacy with the Lord are the keys to having a day filled with joy, and really does help to do wonders for our moods. Here are some simple steps for daily living that we can follow for optimum joy..
1. Upon rising quickly make or straighten your bed.
2. Either take a quick shower or fix yourself up a little. (Showers in the morning usually really help to set the tone for the day)
3. While still in the bathroom, quickly straighten up and wipe things down. (Keep paper towels and mild cleaner under sink for quick clean ups)
4. Make breakfast, clean up.
5. Throw in one load of laundry.
6. Sit down and spend time with the Lord. Read the word and pray. Put on worship music.
7. Throw clothes in dryer.
8. Straighten up and clean one room of the house.
9. Start dinner.
10. Eat with the family at the table.
11. Clean up kitchen.
12. Fold & put away laundry.
13. Straighten up house-quickly putting away things that have been dragged out for the day.
14. Make schedule for the next day. Tweaking it as needed.
15. Just before bed have a quiet time of meditation with the Lord and read a chapter in the Psalms.
Important Note: Be sure to take time to pamper yourself once or twice a week.
Now if you have children, of course this basic plan will have to be altered. But, if you follow the outline as best as you can, while adding in time for the kids as needed, you will find that your joy level will be much higher than if you just wing it.
Also, remember what the bible says about joy and negative thinking.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Do Not Worry
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.